Freelance Engineer and Producer (1992 to present)
Projects include sound design and mixing for numerous critically acclaimed feature films, documentaries and shorts. Also engineering for pop and jazz recordings in the US, Europe, and Japan, in addition to commercials for network television and radio, and scoring for motion pictures. Recorded and mixed live radio and performance pieces for WFMU and Lincoln Center’s Walter Reed Theatre. Also built and ran two Pro Tools recording/editing/mixing suites.
CBS Audio Post – Audio Engineer (2008 – 2010)
- Digital audio restoration of legacy television programming
- Conform and layback of foreign language soundtracks to English Language programming
- Responsibilities also include transfers from, and layback to HDCamSR, and dBeta
The Criterion Collection – Audio Engineer (2002-2007)
Criterion is the preeminent publisher of world cinema in DVD form.
- Digital audio restoration and archiving of film soundtracks
- Editing and mixing commentaries, original supplemental audio and video materials
- Transfers and laybacks to D5, dBeta, and overseeing out of house transfer from analog tape and disc recordings
- Equipment used: ProTools HD and TDM systems; Sonic Solutions and Waves plug in suite; and Cedar and AudioCube 5 systems
Salon.com – Audio Producer 2000-2001
Salon Audio produced and posted readings and interviews with well-known authors on the Salon site.
- Overseeing construction of new studio
- Managed the audio studio for the popular news, information and culture website Salon.com
- Helped develop Salon.com Radio, a one-hour radio program that was to be nationally syndicated by Public Radio International
Centerfield Productions – Chief Engineer (4 years)
Centerfield is a music production company that produced albums for well-known artists such as Steps Ahead and Andy Summers, as well as music for feature films and commercials. As Chief Engineer, managed construction of studio; supervised engineering and producing; hired personnel; responsible for equipment purchasing and technical maintenance.
Power Station Studios – Staff Engineer (7 years)
Power Station is now known as Avatar Studios. As Staff Engineer, worked on albums and projects with Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Carly Simon, and others; worked with many top producers and engineers such as Bob Clearmountain, Scott Litt, Ted Templeman and Steve Lillywhite.
Miami-Dade Community College, Miami, Florida
- Associate in Arts degree in Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Institute of Audio Research, NYC (1 year)
Multiple references available upon request.